Where are statistics on mental health and substance use disorders?
SAMHSA has several resources to find statistics on substance use, substance use disorders, mental health, and treatment, including:
- Public-use data Analysis System (PDAS): http://pdas.samhsa.gov/#/
- Overview page that describes NSDUH reports: https://www.samhsa.gov/data/data-we-collect/nsduh-national-survey-drug-use-and-health
- Key Substance Use and Mental Health Indicators in the United States – Results from the 2016 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUH-FFR1-2016/NSDUH-FFR1-2016.htm
- Receipt of Services for Substance Use and Mental Health Issues among Adults – Results from the 2016 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (2016 Treatment Report): https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUH-DR-FFR2-2016/NSDUH-DR-FFR2-2016.htm
- Risk and Protective Factors and Estimates of Substance Use Initiation – Results from the 2016 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUH-DR-FFR3-2016/NSDUH-DR-FFR3-2016.htm
- Detailed tables: https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUH-DetTabs-2016/NSDUH-DetTabs-2016.htm